Forum

WIFIPO120FWT IP44 3600W plug

WiFiPO120FWT

Blog posting 1 about this camera

The plug is controlled by the Nedis Smart Life Internet mobile app, but can also be switched on/off manually on the plug, as seen above.

The Schedule and timer switches of the Nedis Internet Mobile app, can be used to switch the power on/off at certain times on a daily basis for one ore several days, with repetition weekly or not.

On/off function can be programmed to send a notification to the mobile app.

The statistics function show the power usage over time, shown in posts below.

I value this product at 85/100 for price, weatherprotection,  powermetering in app, on/off switch clearly visible on device. Only two drawbacks ar within the app. The powermetering is miscalculating the power sometimes (se blog postlink above) and that the app lacks the statistics with better resolution than per day, Sometimes its useful to have it with more detail, lets say min by min for last hour and hour by hour for the last day. IF THAT function is implemented i would giv it 99/100!

I use this smartplug to control my electrical engine-heater and coupé-heaters through my mobile with the Nedis Smart Life app.

Besides controlling it without going outside to turn it on, it also gives me history of energy consumption. Pre-heating the engine saves me about ½ litre of fuel on every coldstart, plus saving on engine wear.

This plug is cheap and reliable. Used it for over a year without any problems, whithout a hitch. Recommended!

I also use this power-plug to control my Air/Air heat pump in my summerhouse, to be able to reset its electronics, and its control app, IF it should hang. But that has never happened during the 14 months since its installation.

The mentioned heat pump/AC has its own control app, but that is not from Nedis, as the heat pump is not.

Is it possible to scroll through the different days once you've selected a month?

Also, multiplying the shown current and voltage does not result in the power shown. Any suggestion as to why?

See my edited post above Nax. And my blogposting Calculation Error of power from NEDIS SmartPlug - Blog and forum for Tuya-users (tuyausersblog.com) is discussing the problem.

Nedis support has not been very helpful trying to explain it with that the power calculated from voltage x current is the reactive power (especially motors drives the voltage phase and current phase out of sync) and the shown wattage-power is nonreactive part of the energy consumption. Which is what the power company SHOULD charge You for...

The explanation is however how the plug SHOULD work, but does not, I have been testing it with purely resistive loads like a heater element that does not drive voltage and current out of phase, and still there is a difference.

Hopefully Tuya´s support will clearify this better and perhaps make an app or firmware change to fix the problem in the future.