Forum

ONVIF Capabilities

Onvif is a group working for a standard for the IP-interface for communicating with security products, like cameras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONVIF

It caught my interest when I was looking into the question of the ""Matter standard"" which is a future/coming standard for IOT´s in general.

Nedis Smarthome with SmartLife for the “Matter-standard”?

As Nedis have not yet decided IF they are going to work with ""Matter"" or not, the question of ""at least Onvif"" will be looked into.

I have only one camera of three, that has the Onvif function in its menus, the WIFICO20CWT IP65 Pan/tilt-camera

I will contact Nedis support and hear their response and ideas on HOW to use the Onvif for this camera and what other security products it will support.

In the latest firmware update for several cameras "Onvif" possibility is now included.

Activate it with the button-switch in its setup of the Nedis Smart Life app. The IP-string of the installed camera is shown. If You need the portnumber its default is 8000.

You can and should change the password from its default "admin" to Your privat password. The default id of the camera is also "admin".

I downloaded and installed iSpy an open source and free software for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Raspberry Pie and Docker. It found the Onvif- activated camera on the LAN imm. and installation was a breeze. A fair warning is that there are MANY details that You can set, but You can start with the defaults and learn over time.

I will get back with more as my experience grows.

Christian Nissen